13 Mar The POWER of CONTROL
When I reflect about all the people I have worked with, the ones who had the most to overcome regarding weight and health issues had a common trait: a need to be in control. They found it hard to let go of the reins allow their coach or personal trainers to take charge.
The place I am coming from when i talk about control is actually a place of harmony and peace!
It’s not a place of extremes or all or nothing approach; its a place where you quietly and maturely think through what is that you want to achieve during the time when you are feeling positive and safe. Rationally consider what you TRULY WANT for yourself and your family. Then you make a plan, which is Smart, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-based to get where you want to be.
What does this mean? It means you will have to make an assertiveness to say “NO” and moments when you say “YES”, as you are so clear with you goals. Now, that is Control!
In this place it allows you to live in the real world while you are still giving yourself the opportunity to sharpen your tools, strengthen your character and quietly go about doing your thing.
Here’s 5 ways to practice your control muscles:
- Check in. No Really check in! Are you the ‘all or nothing’ type? Control the urge to do everything all at once today. One Change, once a week. No more. No less.
- You do not need to say YES to everything. Empower yourself to say NO to things.
- You are the one who has chosen to improve the quality of your life. Do not let others steer you off track, no matter how well meaning they may be.
- Willpower weakens by the end of the day. Set yourself up to outmaneuver evening situations that may pull you off track.
- Avoid snap decisions when you are highly emotional. STOP. Sleep on it.