13 Mar The POWER of WORDS
First step is thoughts, the second is words and the third is action. Thoughts. Words. Action
Words links our thoughts to action and therefore is critical in achieving your goals. Study shows that men uses average of 10,000 words and women 25,000. Wow that’s a lot of story being told everyday.
I’m a huge believer in the idea that LANGUAGE has POWER.
I avoid words like ‘good’ and ‘bad’, especially when connected to food. It reminds me of the yo-yo dieter, who lives in an extreme world where they are only ever being good or bad. It’s such an intense place to live.
Being conscious on the words we use when its comes to our health and fitness is a good place to start. Stop the negative narrative and rewrite your fitness story. A year from now……
Here’s 5 tips on how to take POWER back through WORDS:
- Take out the words ‘I hope’. Replace them “I will”
- Say “I choose to’ rather than “I have to”
- Really listen the words you are using. Consider if they are positive or negative.
- Say NO more often. Your body and mind will thank you!
- Design a mantra that works for you. Something like: “I have the POWER”. I will walk the talk”. Create one that resonates to you.